Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blind date with Da Vinci Robot

It's a date. On my calendar and everything. I check in at Portland Providence on August 16th for surgery to remove my one remaining ovary and fallopian tube. Doctor Winter says that there is a 1 in 3 chance that he won't be able to complete the procedure with the robot or laparoscopically because of my previous surgery and/or the bowel obstruction.  If he has to do an open surgery I could be out of work for up to a month so I'm planning for worst case scenario and praying for a speed date with a robot. 

Check this out if you are interested in Da Vinci Robot surgery  http://www.davincisurgery.com/

It feels good to do something that moves me in a forward direction.  Three dates on the calendar now in addition to the surgery I have an appointment with a breast surgeon August 1st and a pre-op appointment August 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment