Thursday, August 15, 2013

Last Good-bye

The hospital paperwork says to show up for my double date with Dr. Winter and a Da Vinci Robot at 5:30 am. A wake-up-call that early in the morning will interfere with my beauty sleep but I'm almost  looking forward to it. I'm so ready for it to be over . . . done with the anticipation . . .  ready for my ovary and the surgery to be history.

I've done my homework; honestly I have. So I was surprised to learn at the pre-op appointment on Tuesday that I would have to "cleanse my colon" prior to this thing. You are probably saying "Duh" right now ~ it is abdominal surgery after all; but that was one piece of this I didn't put together until the last minute. Which didn't give me much time to worry about it. Like they say,"ignorance is bliss". So instead of worrying and dreading the prep-step I spent time clearing my work calendar so I could spend Thursday near a bathroom clearing my colon. Another advantage to this unanticipated pre-step is more time to document my journey. Aren't you proud of me finding the positive side to this? You are right, it's a bit of a stretch.

Surprisingly, at the moment (6pm on Thursday) I'm not afraid. Not nervous, really. Maybe because I won't be alone. Lots of support from everyone and Denny (my wonderful husband) is going to be with me the whole time. I feel prepared. Work tasks handled. Colon cleansed. Bag packed. Courage summoned. Prayers sent. Blog written.

Good-bye lonely little ovary!

Ready . . . set . . . go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment