Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Count Down to Surgery NUMBER TWO

On Sunday, while I was checking out the sweet onions at the grocery store my cell phone rang. It was Dr Cober. He called me himself to let me know the results of the scan (nice surprise). He said that my anatomy would work well for the DIEP Flap surgery. He said some anatomy is more challenging than others but it looks like I would be a pretty straight forward case.

On Monday morning Dr. Cober's scheduler, Connie, called to ask if December 6th would be a good day for me. She said she still had to confirm an operating room and contact Dr. De La Melena (my breast surgeon).

On Tuesday I got another call from Connie. My surgery date is set for Friday, December 13th. It's a good thing I'm not superstitious.

So the count down to Surgery NUMBER TWO begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment